Cumin Crusted Black Bean Burger with Avocado Relish Recipe
Here, a colorful relish of avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice and crushed red pepper tops the cumin-rubbed black bean burger and adds delicious flavor.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 2 tablespoons seeded, peeled, and finely chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 hamburger bun, split (about 1 1/2 oz.)
1. In small bowl toss together avocado, tomato, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the lime juice and red pepper. Set aside.
2. Brush MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger on both sides with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. Rub cumin onto both sides of burger. Cook according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with burger, avocado mixture and bun top.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/