Cucumber Raita Burgers Recipe
Raita, a cooling counterbalance to burgers brushed with hot pepper sauce, combines yogurt, cucumber, red onion, cumin and garlic
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place frozen burgers on baking sheet. Brush tops with pepper sauce. Bake at 350ºF for 18 to 20 minutes.
2. Combine cucumber, yogurt, onion, cumin, salt, and garlic powder. Spoon on top of burgers. Garnish with additional thin cucumber slices and chopped red onion, if desired.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.</bullet>
When you want an exotic entrée in just a few minutes, this recipe saves the day. Just 20 minutes from start to finish gives you pepper-sauced burgers topped with refreshing cucumber-yogurt sauce. Garnish with a few thin slices of cucumber and chopped red onion for extra pizazz.
Recipe is vegan only if vegan yogurt and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.