Crumble and Potato Empanadas Recipe
Wonton wrappers eliminate the need to prepare and roll out classic empanada dough for these savory pastries, filled with potato, onion and MorningStar Farms® recipe crumbles.
Prep Time: 60 min
Total Time: 150 min
- 2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 1 large potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 36 wonton wrappers
1. In large saucepan over medium heat combine all of the ingredients, except
wonton wrappers. Simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are
soft and the liquid has evaporated. Place mixture in large bowl and
refrigerate until cold.
2. Lightly brush edge of wonton wrapper with water. Place 1/2 to 3/4
tablespoon of filling in the center and fold the wrapper in half to make a
triangular pastry. Crimp edges with a fork. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Place finished empanadas on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
3. Coat the tops of emapanadas with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 7 to 9
minutes, turning at least once, or until crisp and golden brown.