Corn and Veggie Pork Quesadillas
Crisp quesadillas filled with veggie pulled pork, corn kernels, barbecue sauce and two types of cheese are the essence of comfort food.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
1/2 package (5 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter,divided
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Pulled Pork and water. Cover and cook over medium heat about 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in barbecue sauce. Set aside.
2. In another large nonstick skillet melt 1/2 teaspoon of the butter. Place 1 of the tortillas in skillet. Top half of the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the pepper cheese, 1/4 cup of the barbecue mixture, 1 tablespoon of the corn and 2 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese. Fold tortilla over cheese. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts, turning once.
3. Remove quesadilla from skillet. Place on wire rack set over shallow baking pan in 250°F oven to keep warm while preparing remaining quesadillas.
4. Repeat with remaining butter, tortillas, pepper cheese, barbecue mixture, corn and cheddar cheese.
5. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Spoon small dollops of sour cream on each. Sprinkle with green onions.