Classic American Burgers Recipe
Cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion turn an everyday veggie burger into an all-time favorite, classic burger recipe.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 2 slices (2 oz total) reduced-fat Cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss cheese
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 slices dill pickles
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 1 thin slice red onion, separated into rings
- ketchup and mustard
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS PRIME Veggie burgers according to package directions. Immediately, top each burger with one slice of cheese, if desired. Let stand for 1 minute to allow cheese to melt.
2. Place one lettuce leaf on each bun bottom. Top with burgers, pickles, tomato slices, onion rings and bun tops. Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160°F.</bullet>
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/