Cilantro-Avocado Mediterranean Burgers
The lush, buttery texture and slightly nutty flavor of avocado contrasts nicely with the pungent cilantro and tangy lime juice in the sauce topping these burgers.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 small clove garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Dash salt
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burger
- 1 cup baby greens or torn mixed spring greens
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 whole wheat oat hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. In food processor combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, onion, garlic, lime juice and salt. Cover and process until smooth.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers according to package directions.
3. Place greens on bun bottoms. Top with burgers, tomato slice, avocado mixture and bun tops.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/