Chipotle-Buffalo Chik Patties® Casserole
Your family will ask for this spicy casserole time and again. No need to tell them that this delicious casserole of corn, potatoes, tomatoes and Buffalo Chik Patties® takes just minutes to assemble.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (1 to 2 tbsp. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties®
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook about 5 minutes or until corn begins to lightly brown. Add potatoes. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until potatoes begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Remove from heat. Spoon into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS BUFFALO CHIK PATTIES on top of vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for 10 minutes. Turn patties over. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F about 10 minutes more or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° F for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.