Chipotle-Buffalo Chik Patties® Casserole
Your family will ask for this spicy casserole time and again. No need to tell them that this delicious casserole of corn, potatoes, tomatoes and Buffalo Chik Patties® takes just minutes to assemble.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (1 to 2 tbsp. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties®
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook about 5 minutes or until corn begins to lightly brown. Add potatoes. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until potatoes begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Remove from heat. Spoon into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS BUFFALO CHIK PATTIES on top of vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for 10 minutes. Turn patties over. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F about 10 minutes more or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° F for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/