Chipotle Bean Burritos
A great addition to your Tex-Mex menu or even as a special on Cinco de Mayo. Overthrow your ordinary burrito with this on-trend offering.
12 each (1 pound 13 ounces)
Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Morningstar Farms®
- 12 each 8-inch round flour tortillas
- 2 - 16 oz cans (30 ounces) pinto beans, low sodium
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 pint (16 fl. ounces) salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 cups (4 1/2 ounces) romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2/3 cup (5 1/2 ounces) fat-free sour cream
1. Tightly wrap tortillas in foil and bake at 350°F about 7 minutes, or until softened.
2. Use back of spoon to slightly mash beans. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1 cup salsa and chili powder. Spread bean mixture on each tortilla just below center. Sprinkle Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger pieces and cheese on top of bean mixture.
3. Fold bottom edges of tortillas over filling. Fold in sides. Roll up. Secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
4. On baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper, place tortilla packages, seam-side up. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes or until heated through and beginning to brown.
5. Arrange lettuce on six serving plates. Top with tortilla packages. Spoon remaining 1 cup salsa and sour cream on top. Sprinkle with remaining onions if desired.