Great for the neighborhood block party or the big game, these veggie dogs are topped with a saucy chili mixture made from Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™. Add a little shredded cheese and additional chopped onion, if you like.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 6 Morningstar Farms® Veggie Dogs
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
1. In medium saucepan cook 1/4 cup onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
2. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES into tomato mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat about 2 minutes or until hot.
3. Meanwhile, prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Dogs according to package directions.
4. Place veggie dogs in buns. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and onion (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/