Vegetarian Zucchini Quiche Recipe
This simple quiche is the perfect start or conclusion to any day. It’s a scrumptious egg-and-vegetable mélange.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 60 min
MorningStar Farms®White Bean Chili Burgers
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled Cojita cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In large nonstick skillet prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS White Bean Chili Burgers according to package directions. Remove from skillet. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in 9-inch pie plate generously coated with cooking spray. Set aside. Carefully wipe skillet out with paper towels.
2. In same skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper is tender. Spoon over burger pieces in pie plate.
3. In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over burger pieces and vegetables in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 325° F for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/