Chik Patties® Parmesan Recipe
Delight your family with this version of classic Chicken Parmesan--it starts with delicious MorningStar Farms® Chik Patties® Original, then adds an herbed tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1 package (10 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Chik Patties® Original
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1. In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomato paste, water, oregano, basil, sugar, and pepper. Heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
2. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIK PATTIES Breaded Veggie Patties according to package directions.
3. Pour pasta into 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup sauce evenly over pasta. Arrange MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIK PATTIES Breaded Veggie Patties in dish and top with 1/2 of the cheese. Cover with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley flakes. Bake at 350° F for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/