Chik'n Strips and Artichoke Couscous Bowl
Marinated artichoke hearts are the key to simplicity in this dinner. The marinade is used to cook and flavor the chik’n strips, while the artichoke hearts mixed with tomatoes and fresh basil leaves give this dish a Mediterranean flair.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 cup pearled couscous (Israeli couscous)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 package (10 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips
- 2 cups halved red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
3. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Chik’n Strips and 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir artichoke hearts, tomatoes and basil leaves into chik’n strips. Heat through. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the remaining artichoke marinade.
5. Spoon hot couscous into 4 serving bowl. Spoon chik’n strips mixture on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/