Chik'n & Waffle Bites
A vegetarian version of the classic, savory chicken-and-waffles recipe.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
MorningStar Farms®Chik’n Nuggets
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patties
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
4 sets (4 mini waffles each)
Kellogg’s® Eggo®Minis Waffles
1. In oven prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Nuggets according to package directions, turning nuggets over after 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Original Sausage Patties according to package direction. Crumble into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
3. For gravy, in small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes (do not brown). Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. (Mixture will be thick.) Reduce heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Whisk in syrup, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in sausage patties. Keep warm.
4. In toaster, prepare KELLOGG’S EGGO Minis Waffles according to package directions. Separate waffles. Arrange on serving plate. Top each with chik’n nugget. Spoon gravy on top of each. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/