Chicago Style Dogs
Classic Chicago-style hot dogs use only poppy seed buns. If you can't find them, try plain buns,
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Veggie Dogs
- 2 poppy seed hot dog buns or plain hot dog buns, split
- 2 slices tomato, halved
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 4 tsps sweet pickle relish
- 4 tsps finely chopped onion
- 2 medium pepperoncini, halved lengthwise, or 4 small sport peppers, drained
- 2 kosher dill pickle spears
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
1. Cook Morningstar Farms® America’s Original Veggie Dogs® according to package directions. Meanwhile, wrap buns in microwave-safe paper towels. Micro-cook on high for 10 to 15 seconds or until warm.
2. Place one veggie dog and two tomato pieces in each bun. Squeeze mustard in zig-zag pattern on top. Top with relish and onion. Arrange two peppers and one pickle spear in each bun. Lightly sprinkle with celery salt.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/