Charred Broccoli and Steak Strips
Charring broccoli takes it a step past caramelized, giving it a bit of extra flavor and texture. With the addition of steak strips, brown rice and an Oriental-style sauce you have an exciting dinner in a bowl.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 8 ounces fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Steak Strips (5 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice or hot cooked quinoa
1. Place 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F with pan in oven.
2. Toss together broccoli, bell pepper and oil. Spread in preheated pan. Bake at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until broccoli begins to brown. Stir vegetables. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Steak Strips to vegetables in pan. Bake at 450°F about 10 minutes more or until steak strips are hot.
3. Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, oil and crushed pepper. Microwave at high for 15 to 30 seconds or until hot.
4. Place rice in 2 serving bowls. Spoon steak strips mixture on top of rice. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture.