Caribbean Jerk Burgers Recipe
Spicy cole slaw tops these jerk-seasoned veggie burgers.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie cole slaw dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie vegan cole slaw dressing
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
1. Combine dressing, mayonnaise, and seasoning. Set aside.
2. Place frozen burgers on baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Turn burgers. Spread half of jerk mixture on top of burgers. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more.
3. Toss together cabbages and remaining jerk mixture. Top burgers with cabbage mixture.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.</bullet>
Save time and energy by substituting purchased cole slaw mix for both the red and green cabbage in this spicy burger recipe. The fabulous flavor stays the same, but you don't have to clean and chop cabbage.
Recipe is vegan only if vegan cole slaw dressing, vegan mayonnaise, and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.