Caprese Burger Recipe
Getting its inspiration from classic caprese salad, this sandwich showcases the fresh flavors of basil, tomato and mozzarella cheese.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patties™
- 1/2 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Italian roll or hamburger bun, split (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 1 thin tomato slice
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
1. In small bowl toss together basil leaves and vinegar. Set aside.
2. Micro-cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS veggie patty according to package directions, except after turning patty place mozzarella slices on top. Continue micro-cooking according to package directions.
3. Top roll bottom with veggie patty, basil leaves and tomato. Lightly sprinkle with pepper (if desired). Add roll top.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/