California Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast has a new, healthy look—this satisfying bowl adds bright grapefruit, pungent arugula and rich avocado to MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties for a produce-packed meal.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 small red or pink grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash sugar
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. Peel and section grapefruit, working over bowl to catch juices. Set grapefruit sections aside.
2. In small bowl whisk together reserved grapefruit juice (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons), oil, pepper, salt and sugar. Set aside.
3. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Original Sausage Patties according to package directions. Cut into quarters.
4. Toss together arugula and grapefruit sections. Top with avocado slices and sausage pieces. Drizzle with juice mixture. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/