Burgers with Chunky Grilled Vegetables Recipe
A real delight for veggie lovers--we topped these burgers with balsamic-glazed eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 baby eggplant or Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
1. In small saucepan cook vinegar over low heat about 5 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons and syrupy. Set aside.
2. In small bowl stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant with olive oil mixture.
3. Grill peppers and zucchini over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add burgers and eggplant to grill. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes more or until burgers are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Cut vegetables into 3/4- to 1-inch pieces.
4. To serve, spoon vegetables on burgers. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
ON THE GRILL:
<bullet>Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.</bullet>