Buffalo Chik Pear Panini
In Italy, panini simple means sandwiches. You can make this tasty sandwich—featuring blue cheese salad dressing, chik patties and fresh pear slices—in a special panini maker, on a contact grill or even in a waffle iron.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
MorningStar Farms®Buffalo Chik Patties
- 3 tablespoons chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread, Vienna bread or rustic Italian bread
- 1/2 medium ripe pear, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 oz. total)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Buffalo wing sauce (optional)
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Buffalo Chik Patties according to package directions.2. Spread salad dressing on one side of each bread slice. Top two of the bread slices with pear slices, chik patties, green onion, cheese and remaining bread slices, dressing side down.3. Brush grates of contact grill, waffle iron or panini maker with oil. Preheat grill to medium. Add sandwiches. Close grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut sandwiches in half. Serve with wing sauce (if desired).
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/