Bruschetta with Quinoa Burger and Cranberry-Onion Relish
The tangy essence of cranberries blends with onion, garlic and orange juice in the relish topping these bruschetta bites.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (8 oz.)
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 1/2-inch-thick slices whole grain baguette
MorningStar Farms®Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In medium saucepan cook onion and 2 cloves garlic in 2 teaspoons hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until onion just begins to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in cranberries, orange juice, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture is just thickened. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons oil and 1 clove garlic. Place baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Brush garlic mixture over top of bread slices. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
3. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers according to package directions. Cut each burger into 4 pieces.
4. Top each baguette slice with one piece of warm burger. Spoon cranberry mixture on top. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve warm.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/