Relish made from fresh pineapple and MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties tops the sunny-side-up eggs in these hearty breakfast tacos.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
MorningStar Farms®Original Sausage Patties
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 3 (7- to 8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 lime wedges
1. On microwave-safe plate cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Original Sausage patties at 50% power (medium) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until thawed, turning over once. Cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. In medium skillet cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage patty pieces, chipotle peppers, chili powder and paprika. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute more. Stir in orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the pineapple, water and orange peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In large nonstick skillet melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Carefully break eggs into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered for 4 to 6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
4. Place 1 egg on each warm tortilla. Spoon sausage patty mixture over eggs. Top with avocado slices, jalapeño slices, cheese, cilantro and the remaining 2 tablespoons pineapple. Serve immediately with lime wedges.