Bourbon Pulled Veggie Pork Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
Thinly sliced apple changes up the slaw on top of these bourbon-barbecue-sauced, veggie pork sandwiches. Don’t have bourbon on hand? Replace it with apple juice.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1/2 small red apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 package (10 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or apple juice
- 8 toaster corn cakes, toasted; 8 frozen waffles, toasted; or 4 onion buns, split
1. For apple slaw, in medium bowl toss together cabbage, apple and red onion. In small bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar and oil. Drizzle over cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.
2. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Pulled Pork according to package directions. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and bourbon or juice. Cook and stir until heated through.
3. Top four of the corn cakes, waffles or bun bottoms with pulled pork mixture. Stir cabbage mixture. Using slotted spoon, top pulled pork mixture with apple slaw. Top with remaining corn cakes, waffles or bun tops. Serve immediately.