Border Special Burger Recipe
Add cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo sauce to a great-tasting burger for a real treat!
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (about 3/4 ounce)
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 hamburger bun, split
- 1 tablespoon pico de gallo sauce or salsa
1. Cook Veggie Burger according to package directions. Top hot burger with cheese slice. Let stand for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
2. Place shredded lettuce on bun bottom. Top with burger, pico de gallo sauce and bun top.
ON THE GRILL:
Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/