Black Bean Veggie Burger and Tomato-Stuffed Zucchini
These zucchini, stuffed with Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, tomato, corn, green onions and Parmesan cheese, make a satisfying meal any time of the year.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 4 medium (8- to 9-oz. each) zucchini
MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 3/4 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Plunge whole zucchini into large amount of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Cut lengthwise slice from top of each zucchini. Using spoon, carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4-inch-thick shells. Discard pulp.
2. Meanwhile, place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 30 to 45 seconds or until just thawed. Cut burgers into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl toss together burger pieces, tomato, corn, green onions and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells. Place in shallow baking pan. Sprinkle tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/