Black Bean Veggie Burger and Tomato-Stuffed Zucchini
These zucchini, stuffed with Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, tomato, corn, green onions and Parmesan cheese, make a satisfying meal any time of the year.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 4 medium (8- to 9-oz. each) zucchini
MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 3/4 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Plunge whole zucchini into large amount of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Cut lengthwise slice from top of each zucchini. Using spoon, carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4-inch-thick shells. Discard pulp.
2. Meanwhile, place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 30 to 45 seconds or until just thawed. Cut burgers into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl toss together burger pieces, tomato, corn, green onions and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells. Place in shallow baking pan. Sprinkle tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.