Black Bean Burger Panini Recipe
With the addition of banana pepper rings, chopped onion and a spicy sauce, this black bean burger sandwich hints at the classical flavors of Cuba.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablepoon cocktail sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2-inch-thick slice firm-textured, whole wheat or sourdough bread (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon banana pepper rings, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat electric sandwich press or contact grill. In small bowl pour water over tomatoes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. Finely chop. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions.
3. In another small bowl stir together tomatoes, mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and horseradish. Spread on one side of bread. Cut diagonally in half. Top one half with burger, pepper rings, onion and remaining bread piece, spread side down. Coat outside of sandwich with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place sandwich in press or grill. Cover and cook for 3 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/