Briana's Black Bean Bowl
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this black bean bowl recipe made with seasoned vegetables and topped with MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn, bell peppers, celery, green onion, zucchini, mushrooms or parsnips)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- Finely shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger according to package directions.
2. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Stir in salsa, water and taco seasoning. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Spoon into serving bowl. Top with burger. Garnish with cheese (if desired). Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/