Biscuits and Gravy
In this recipe, MorningStar Farms® Sausage Links and Veggie Bacon Strips provide a big savory flavor to this rich gravy.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
MorningStar Farms®Veggie Sausage Links
- 2 frozen biscuits
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
MorningStar Farms®Veggie Bacon Strips, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely slivered fresh sage, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
1. On microwave-safe plate cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Sausage Links at 50% power (medium) about 20 seconds or until just thawed. Cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. Bake biscuits according to package directions. Horizontally split each biscuit into halves.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan cook onion, MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Bacon Strip pieces, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the sage and sausage links pieces in butter for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir flour, salt and pepper into onion mixture. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
5. On two serving plates arrange biscuit halves. Spoon gravy over biscuits. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sage. Serve immediately.