BBQ Veggie Pork Nachos
Terrific as an appetizer or a hearty snack, these nachos are topped with barbecue-sauced pulled veggie pork, cheddar cheese and green onion. For extra pizazz, add jalapeño pepper, cilantro and/or sour cream.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Veggie Pulled Pork (5 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces tortilla chips (about 8 cups)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced and seeded (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. In 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Veggie Pulled Pork and water. Loosely cover with paper napkin or paper towel. Microwave at high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring after 1 minute. Let stand for 1 minute.
2. On two 7- to 8-inch microwave-safe plates arrange tortilla chips. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese and veggie pulled pork. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Microwave, one plate at a time, at high about 30 seconds or until cheese melts.
3. Sprinkle with green onion. Top with jalapeño pepper slices and cilantro (if desired). Serve with sour cream and lime wedges (if desired).
Microwave cooking times may vary.