Barbecue Riblet and Corn Quesadillas Recipe
South-of-the-border flavors abound in these hearty quesadillas. They make a great lunch or hearty snack.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1 pouch Morningstar Farms® Hickory BBQ Riblets
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, divided
- 2 9-to 10-inch flour tortillas, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons canned green chile peppers, drained, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS HICKORY BBQ RIBLETS according to package directions. Cut riblets into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet melt 1/2 teaspoon of the butter. Place 1 of the tortillas in skillet. Top half of the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the Monterey Jack cheese, 2 tablespoons of the corn and 1 tablespoon of the chile peppers. Layer half of the riblet pieces and 2 tablespoons of the Cheddar cheese over peppers. Fold tortilla over cheese. Cook, over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts, turning once. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining butter, tortilla, Monterey Jack cheese, corn, chile peppers, riblet pieces and Cheddar cheese.
3. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Spoon small dollops of sour cream on top. Sprinkle with green onion.