When you’re craving sandwiches, don’t pick up something at the local sub shop. Instead give these Vietnamese-inspired sandwiches a try. The MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips are tossed with sweet chili sauce and soy sauce, then they’re topped with a salad of shredded carrots and daikon radishes before being tucked into a baguette with cucumber slices.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
1 package (10 oz.)
MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters®Chik’n Strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (20-inch-long) whole wheat baguette, cut into fourths and split horizontally
- 1 cup thin cucumber slices or watermelon radish slices
1. In medium bowl toss together carrot, daikon radish, onion, salad dressing and lime juice. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick wok or skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Chik’n Strips and water. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Stir in chili sauce and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chik’n strips are heated through.
3. Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of baguette bottom pieces. Top with cucumber slices, chik’n strips mixture, carrot mixture and baguette top pieces. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/