Baked Asiago Frittata Recipe
Whether you serve this garden-fresh frittata for breakfast or a casual supper, your guests will love the Italian-style omelet filled with broccoli, fresh basil and veggie sausage patties.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten*
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) finely shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
1. In 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook and stir broccoli, onions and garlic over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
2. Stir patties, basil, salt and pepper into vegetable mixture. Pour eggs over top.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 15 to 19 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato. Cut into wedges.
Don't have Asiago cheese on hand? Substitute finely shredded Parmesan. Both lend a rich, nutty flavor to this Italian-style frittata.
For a lower fat version, substitute 2 cups refrigerated egg substitute for the 8 eggs.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/