Avocado Salad in Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Usually you find lettuce inside a salad, but in this lettuce wrap recipe we wrap it around a salad of fresh avocado, tomato, celery and veggie bacon strips.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 12 small butterhead lettuce leaves or leaf lettuce leaves
1. Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, and chili powder. Stir in avocado, celery, tomatoes, bacon strips, and walnuts.
2. Spoon scant 1/4 cup salad into center of each lettuce leaf. Wrap leaf around salad. Secure with wooden pick. Serve immediately.
Shop for avocados that are firm, yet ripe when you're planning on chopping them. It's easiest to first halve the avocados, then remove the pit and peel them.
Soft lettuce leaves, such as Bibb, Boston, or leaf lettuces, work best in wraps, crisper salad greens are harder to roll.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/