Asian Veggie Patties Spring Rolls Recipe
Flavorful Asian Veggie Patties are a natural addition to these delicious vegetarian spring rolls, featuring a spicy carrot relish and strips of bell peppers.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Asian Veggie Patties
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspon toasted sesame oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspon lime juice
- 1/2 large red or green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 8 rice papers
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves
1. Cook patties according to package directions. Cut each into 8 strips. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet cook and stir garlic in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in carrots and pepper flakes. Heat through. Stir in soy sauce and lime juice.
3. Pour hot water in shallow dish. Soak rice papers, one at a time, in hot water for 15 seconds or until softened. Remove rice paper from water. Place on flat surface. Top with 3 to 4 strips bell pepper, 2 strips patty, scant teaspoon mint leaves and about 1 tablespoon carrot mixture. Fold sides of rice paper over filling. Roll-up, pressing edge to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/