Artichoke-Sausage Bagel Bites Recipe
Morningstar Farms® Hot & Spicy Veggie Sausage Patties add a zesty bite to the classic artichoke dip on top of these mini bagel appetizers.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Hot & Spicy Sausage Patties
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts,
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Swiss cheese,
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese,
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives,
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 12 plain mini bagels,
1. In small bowl soak tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain. Discard liquid. Finely chop tomatoes.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS HOT & SPICY VEGGIE SAUSAGE PATTIES according to package directions. Cool patties slightly.
3. In medium bowl stir together artichoke hearts, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, olives, mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard. Stir in tomatoes. Crumble patties into mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture on cut sides of each bagel half. Place, topping side up, on baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 9 to 10 minutes or until hot.
5. Cut each bagel piece in half. Arrange on serving platter. Serve warm.
*If desired, you may substitute 6 regular-sized bagels for the mini bagels. Cut each regular-sized bagel into fourths. Spread artichoke mixture on top of the cut sides of each bagel piece. Continue as directed above.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/