Apple Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Opt for the convenience of this make-ahead casserole for lazy weekend mornings. It layers hearty whole grain bread with cinnamon apples and Morningstar Farms ® Maple Flavored Sausage Patties.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 110 min
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Maple Flavored Veggie Sausage Patties
- 1 small cooking apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups cubed, firm-textured multigrain bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1. Chop MORNINGSTAR FARMS Maple Flavored Sausage Patties into bite-size pieces. Set aside. In small bowl toss together apple, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Place half of the bread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with half of the veggie patties, half of the apple mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
3. In medium bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and salt. Add milk, whisk until combined. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 325° F about 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean (170° F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.