Alpine Burgers Recipe
Slow cooking brings out the natural sweetness of the onions topping these earthly and elegant sandwiches.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3/4 cup sweet onions,
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms,
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 1 slice multigrain or whole wheat bread,
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese,
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions, covered, over medium-low heat for 16 to 20 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions begin to brown and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS ORIGINAL veggie burger according to package directions.
3. Spread mustard on one side of bread slice. Top with arugula (if desired). Place burger on arugula. Spoon onion mixture over burger. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/