MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Vegan Burgers with Greek Garlic Avocado Whip
When it comes to scrumptious sandwiches, this one wins. It layers garlicky, creamy avocado whip with grilled MorningStar Farms® burgers, grilled pepper strips and crumbled feta cheese. Bolillo, used in this sandwich, is a savory, Central American bread similar to a French baguette, but shorter in length. Recipe written and created by Christina Xenos
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablepsoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bolillo rolls, 4- to 5-inch-long French baguettes or hamburger buns, split
- 2 mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
MorningStar Farms®Meat Lovers Vegan Burgers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, thinly sliced radish and/or micro greens (optional)
1. For avocado whip, in bowl of food processor place lemon juice and garlic. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add avocado, pine nuts, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro and salt to food processor bowl. Cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. Brush cut sides of bolillo rolls and outsides of peppers with the 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Grill MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meat Lovers Vegan Burgers according to package directions. Add peppers and bolillo rolls to grill rack alongside burgers during the last few minutes of grilling. Grill until peppers are soft (2 to 4 minutes), turning occasionally, and rolls are toasted (about 2 minutes). Seed and slice peppers. Cut burgers in half.
5. Spread Avocado Whip on both halves of rolls. Top roll bottoms with burger pieces, sliced peppers and feta cheese. Garnish with cilantro, sliced radish or micro greens (if desired). Before eating, add roll tops, avocado side down.