Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
This pizza-gone-burger is filled with onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers, and mozzarella and provolone cheese.
*MorningStar Farms® Tomato & Basil Burgers contain 61% less fat than regular ground beef. Regular ground beef contains 15g total fat per serving (67g). MorningStar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers contain 6g total fat per serving (67g).
Allergen Notes:CONTAINS SOY, WHEAT, MILK AND EGG INGREDIENTS.
|Serving Size:||1 burger|
|Dietary Fiber:||6 g|
|Total Fat:||6 g|
Ingredients:WATER, ONION, MUSHROOMS, SOY FLOUR, TOMATO PASTE (TOMATOES, SALT, CITRIC ACID), CORN OIL, MOZZARELLA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED PART-SKIM MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), PROVOLONE CHEESE (PASTEURIZED PART SKIM MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), EGG WHITES, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, RED BELL PEPPERS, TOMATO FLAKES, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF WHEAT GLUTEN, POTATO STARCH, METHYLCELLULOSE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, CHEDDAR CHEESE POWDER (CHEDDAR CHEESE [MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES], WHEY, BUTTERMILK SOLIDS, SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE), GARLIC (GARLIC, WATER), SPICES, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORN STARCH WITH CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, LACTIC ACID, SALT, ONION POWDER, BASIL, CANOLA OIL, PAPRIKA (COLOR), GARLIC POWDER, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, SOY LECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, TORULA YEAST, CARAMEL COLOR, BARLEY MALT FLOUR, DEXTROSE, PAPRIKA EXTRACT (COLOR).
Preparation Instructions: Keep Frozen Until Ready to Use.
For Food Safety and Quality, Heat to a Minimum Internal Temperature of 165°F, including when on the grill.
IN THE SKILLET (recommended method)
1. Preheat non-stick skillet over MEDIUM heat.
2. Lightly spray skillet with cooking oil.
3. Place frozen burgers in skillet.
4. Cook burgers over MEDIUM heat for 11-12 minutes, turning burgers over halfway through cook time.
IN THE MICROWAVE*
1. Place frozen burger on a microwave safe plate.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 15 seconds – 1 minute 30 seconds, turning burger over halfway through cooking time.
Microwaving more than 1 burger at one time is not recommended.
* Cooking instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. Microwave ovens vary. Times given are approximate.
IN THE OVEN
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place frozen burgers in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 17–18 minutes.
Caution: Never leave cooking appliance unattended while in use. Children should be supervised.
Have plant-based protein instead of meat just once a week for a year, and you could take a 2 hour shower with the water you’d save. Except don’t, cause we really need the water.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/