Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers
A veggie burger, made with chickpeas, spinach, Roma tomatoes, and traditional Greek herbs and spices.
MSF Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers contain 70% less fat than regular ground beef. Regular ground beef contains 15g total fat per serving (67g). MSF Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers contain 4.5g total fat per serving (67g).
Allergen Notes:CONTAINS SOY, WHEAT, EGG, AND MILK INGREDIENTS.
|Serving Size:||1 burger|
|Dietary Fiber:||7 g|
|Total Fat:||4.5 g|
Ingredients:COOKED CHICKPEAS (WATER, CHICKPEAS), WATER, COOKED BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), ONION, GARLIC (GARLIC, WATER), CORN OIL, WHOLE GRAIN OATS, SOY FLOUR, SPINACH, WHEAT GLUTEN, EGG WHITES, CALCIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), DICED ROMA TOMATOES, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ONION POWDER, CORNSTARCH, SUGAR, CANOLA OIL, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SALT, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, SPICES, NATURAL FLAVORS, YEAST EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, GARLIC POWDER, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, XANTHAN GUM, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, DEXTROSE, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, JALAPENO PEPPER, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, VINEGAR, CARAMEL COLOR, GUM ACACIA, LEMON JUICE, PAPRIKA EXTRACT (FOR COLOR), PAPRIKA (FOR COLOR).
Preparation Instructions: Keep Frozen Until Ready to Use.
For Food Safety and Quality, Heat to a Minimum Internal Temperature of 165°F, including when on the grill.
IN THE SKILLET (recommended method)
1. Preheat non-stick skillet over MEDIUM heat.
2. Lightly spray skillet with cooking oil.
3. Place frozen burgers in skillet.
4. Cook burgers over MEDIUM heat for 11-12 minutes, turning burgers over halfway through cook time.
IN THE MICROWAVE*
1. Place frozen burger on a microwave safe plate.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 15 seconds-1 minute 30 seconds, turning burger over halfway through cooking time.
Microwaving more than 1 burger at one time is not recommended.
* Cooking instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. Microwave ovens vary. Times given are approximate.
IN THE OVEN
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place frozen burgers in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 17–18 minutes.
Caution: Never leave cooking appliance unattended while in use. Children should be supervised.
That's how many car miles worth of greenhouse gasses we could offset if
every adult in America swapped just one meal with meat for a veggie one.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/