Richard Blais Pita Burger
Recipe submitted by Richard Blais. Richard Blais created this recipe as part of the Backyard Veg Out event in New York City on July 26, 2017. This recipe has not been modified by the MorningStar Farms® kitchen.
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger, grilled
- 1 pita bread, split lengthwise
- 3 slices cucumber
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 2 slices canned beets, drained
- 1 small handful arugula
- 1 slice seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
1. In a small sauce pot bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil. Add sliced cucumber. Cool in refrigerator in an airtight container.
2. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with garlic, cumin and mint. Set aside.
3. Grill seedless watermelon on hottest part of grill for 1 minute on both sides. When cool enough to touch, dice into cubes.
4. In a small bowl toss watermelon with arugula and feta. Set aside. Drain cucumber slices. Set aside.
5. Spread herbed yogurt on the inside of the pita. Arrange MORNINGSTAR FARMS Garden Veggie Burger, cucumber, beets, arugula, watermelon and feta inside of the pita shell.