Red Pepper & Black Bean Soup
Purchased roasted red peppers save time, but they don’t skimp on flavor in this beautiful, rosy red soup. Just cook the peppers along with onion and carrot in vegetable broth, then, puree it all with either an immersion blender or in your counter-top blender.
- 1 package (12 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 jars (12 oz. each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Shredded red cabbage, shredded zucchini and/or shredded bok choy (optional)
1. In Dutch oven cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHIPTOLE BLACK BEAN CRUMBLES according to package directions. Remove from Dutch oven. Cover to keep warm.
2. In same Dutch oven combine broth, red peppers, onion, carrot, curry paste, sugar and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Use an immersion blender to purée. (Or, pour mixture, half at a time, into a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth.)
3. Return pepper mixture to Dutch oven, if necessary. Stir in coconut milk. Cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Ladle into 6 serving bowls.
4. Spoon crumbles on top of each. Top each with shredded vegetables (if desired). Serve immediately.