Incogmeato® “Mutha Clucker” Plant-Based Chik’n Tender Sandwiches
Recipe submitted by Pinky Cole, chef, CEO and founder of Slutty Vegan. Pinky Cole partnered with Incogmeato® and created this recipe for an exclusive pop-up event highlighting Incogmeato® Chik’n Tenders at Slutty Vegan restaurant in Atlanta, GA exclusively on May 19th, 2021. This recipe has not been modified by the Incogmeato® kitchen.
- 1 Pretzilla Pretzel Buns or buns of choice (Slider size preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Follow Your Heart Mayo or mayo of choice
- A dab of Ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Spurtree Jamaican Hot Crushed Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- Diced sweet pickles, to taste
- 1 plantian
- Leafy nib Lettuce, to taste
- 1 tomato
- Incogmeato® Chik'n Tenders
1. To cook Incogmeato® Chik’n Tenders in the air fryer: Set Air Fryer to 375°F, place frozen tenders on basket or rack. For best results, prevent tenders from touching. 3-6 pieces: 10 minutes; 7-12 pieces: 11-12 minutes. For crispier bite, mist with oil spray. (Recipe note: alternate cooking method in oven included below)
2. Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of mayo, a drop of ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon of scotch bonnet pepper sauce, diced sweet pickles combine
3. Slice tomato into thin slices, cut lettuce. Set aside.
4. Toast bun to your liking.
5. Build sandwich: Spread sauce on bottom bun, add 2-3 tenders, top with plantain, tomato and lettuce and add top bun. Serve and enjoy immediately.
*To cook Incogmeato® Chik’n Tenders in the oven: Preheat to 400°F, place frozen tenders on a baking sheet and heat for 12-14 minutes. For crispier tenders, turn tenders over halfway through heating time. Let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.