Mediterranean Artichoke Pizza
This Mediterranean version of classic pizza is the perfect conclusion to any weekend recreation. It tops a ready-to-bake artisan crust with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and goat cheese.
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burger
- 1 tube (13.8 oz.) refrigerated artisan pizza dough with whole grain*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, on baking sheet coated with cooking spray unroll pizza dough. Pat into 14 x 11-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake at 425° F about 8 minutes or until set*.
3. Spread pizza sauce over warm crust. Arrange burger pieces, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers and onion on top of sauce. Sprinkle with goat cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425° F for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown. Sprinkle with black pepper. Cut into squares to serve.
*NOTE: If desired substitute 1 tube (11 oz.) refrigerated thin crust pizza dough for the artisan dough. Prepare as above, except reduce the step 2 baking time to 5 minutes.