Incogmeato® “Cincy-Style” Chili
- 4 cups water
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp sugar
- bay leaves, 2 each
- minced garlic clove, 1 each
- 2 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp cumin, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp allspice, ground
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, broken in half, cooked and tossed with 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 lb Incogmeato® Plant-Based Ground (topping)
- 2 cups hot kidney beans (topping)
- 2 cups onions, chopped (topping)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (topping)
1. Add a tablespoon of grapeseed oil (sub extra virgin oil or unsalted butter if preferred) to a heated pot.
2. Add celery, onion and garlic and sweat (no color) until you have released a strong aroma.
3. Add vinegar to deglaze.
4. Add water.
5. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer uncovered.
6. Cook until desired consistency is achieved.
7. Once consistency is achieved, quickly heat kidney beans, onion and Incogmeato® ground in a sauté pan on med-high heat.
HOW TO BUILD A PERFECT BOWL
8. Place cooked spaghetti (or alternative noodle) in a wide flat bowl.
9. Ladle chili on top of the spaghetti.
10. Place cooked Incogmeato® ground, onions and beans on top of chili.
11. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Spaghetti squash can be substituted for pasta.