Chik'n Parmesan Bites
Marinara sauce, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella cheese lend an Italian influence to these fuss-free appetizers.
- 1 package (10 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Parmesan Garlic Veggie Wings
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 to 18 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. On baking sheet prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Parmesan Garlic Veggie Wings according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine marinara sauce and fennel seeds. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 9 to 11 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced to about 2/3 cup. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped basil.
3. Spoon marinara sauce on wings on baking sheet. Place one piece of cheese on each. Bake at 375° F for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to serving plate. Crumble oregano leaves over cheese. Sprinkle with pepper. Garnish with fresh basil leaves (if desired).