Charred Asparagus-Chickpea Burger Pan Dinner
Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this easy one pan dinner. Just toss fresh-tasting pesto with fresh asparagus, then, add Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers and a mixture of tomatoes and onion to the pan. You’ll end up with a veggie dinner bursting with flavor.
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers
1. Place 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F with pan in oven.
2. Break off woody stems of asparagus where the spears snap easily. Toss together asparagus and pesto. Spread on one end of preheated pan. Bake at 450°F about 10 minutes or until tips of asparagus begin to brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
3. Place tomatoes and onion alongside asparagus on pan. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers in single layer to other end of pan. Bake at 375°F for 17 to 18 minutes more or until burgers are hot.
4. Place burgers on 2 serving plates. Add vegetables to each plate.