Incogmeato® Vegan Charred Poblano Burger
By Chef Jason Rose at Full Heart Hospitality, San Francisco CA
- 2 cups Sour cream
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 ea. Jalapeno, charred, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup Chives, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 ea. Yellow onion, ¼-in. slices
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- to taste Pepper
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 5 ea. Poblano, roasted, remove skin, seeds and stem, and cut into 1 ½-in. wide “steaks”
- as needed Neutral oil
- 5 ea. Incogmeato® Burger
- 5 ea. Brioche bun
- 10 Tbsp. Jalapeno ranch
- 5 ea. Pepper Jack cheese, sliced
- 5 ea. Avocado, sliced
- 10 oz. Fried onion
1. For the Jalapeno Ranch: Combine all ingredients in a blender or bowl (if using an immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
2. For the Fried Onions: Soak onions in buttermilk for 30 minutes, then drain. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge the drained onions in flour, shake off excess and fry at 350°F until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Brush grill with oil, place Incogmeato® Burger and poblano on top and grill until hot and slightly charred. Toast buns in a dry pan until lightly browned.
4. To Serve: Brush both slices of the brioche bun with jalapeno ranch, then top with the Incogmeato® Burger patty, Pepper Jack cheese, poblano, sliced avocado and fried onions.